I'm busting up my brain for the words

Saturday, August 30, 2014

2 - My first love

7:30 AM Posted by Linette , , No comments

How are you supposed to choose one?
What kind of first love does it imply?
I mean I was crushing hard on John Norum (guitarist of Europe) by the age of five, then I moved on to Bruce Boxleitner as Luke Macahan in How The West Was Won. Do they count?


What about dad? Like many other little girls I swore I'd marry him, it's true, I actually very vividly remember it.
I also, just as clearly, remember his answer to my proposal; "Sure honey, I'll remind you when you're older!"

Maybe Prince Carl-Philip? No.

What about little mr.D? The boy whose name I wrote in my diary all through elementary school? We never once held hands even. He broke my little crushing heart on several occasion, sometimes unknowingly, sometimes knowingly so. He was always nicer to me when I had ice cream though, the little whore. No, he doesn't count.

Maybe Marcus? My classmate and play-kiss buddy. (you know, the 10year old version of friends with benefits!) But we were so much on and off we make Ross and Rachel seem like a steady couple.

Hmm.. Maybe Tobias, my first real boyfriend? The first boy I ever introduced to my father? Then the most embarrassing thing happened in my life to that point. My dad shook his hand and introduced himself like a grown up. I wanted to die. I was like "Dude he's 15, not a 45yr old business man!" Come to think of it, that is probably one of the clearest memories I have of our time together, all the 6 weeks. Naturally I handled the situation as any rational person would. I ran and hid in a corner.

What about Erik, hmm.. The guy I stalked for a whole winter with song requests on the local radio? But that feels like more of a one-way kind of relationship.

No, fuck it. I'm gonna go ahead and say Milton. I loved that guy for years and years. I fell asleep with his picture in bed and I daydreamed about hugging him. Long past those days, when Milton finally fell into eternal sleep I actually cried.

Milton - my first love <3





0 comments:

Post a Comment