I'm busting up my brain for the words

Sunday, June 14, 2015

H.R.H Prince Carl-Philip & Princess Sofia are married...

1:08 AM Posted by Linette No comments
Yeah, 10 status updates on facebook later and I decided to make a blogpost instead.

So the big day is over. It was a beautiful day indeed. Just wanted to share my thoughts on a few things.

So, what about the guest top list?




I think our Crown Princess Victoria made a fantastic choice wearing
H&Ms conscious collection.
She also wore what is known as "Sibylla's tiara", a great choice if you ask me.
Also and of course we see the light blue sash of the great order of Seraphim across her chest.
She certainly made a statement and she looked as great as ever doing so.






Princess Madeleine looked radiant with her baby bump stealing most of the focus.
She's wearing her mother's private tiara that is a favorite of Madeleine's.
The blue sash is of course worn by the youngest of the King's children as well.
Considering she's about to have a baby any day, she is incredibly fresh faced and as always and in my opinion, the most beautiful princess ever.




The winner of the night though, as far as guests goes, is unquestionably Crown Princess Mary of Denmark. This is a woman who never fails to be both stylish and classy. Given that I do love my vintage, and I do love my blue, this 50s style creation hit an absolute homerun.
Mary to me, is also in the lead when it comes to wedding gowns. Her 2004 nuptials to the danish crown prince has yet to be outdone.
To top this day off we had the great pleasure to see her wearing her wedding tiara again.




Our Queen Silvia wore the clear blue Leuchtenberg sapphires.
Regal as always but I do prefer her in Queen Sophia's tiara shown on the left.


So, what about the bride herself. The girl who woke up as Ms Sofia Hellqvist and became H.R.H Princess Sofia of Sweden before the day was over.
My prediction from this morning:
"Obviously it will be of a more classic cut. I'm thinking a very probable a-line. (Maybe mermaid if she's more adventures like Charlene of Monaco but in my book it does not make any top lists) Im thinking kind of Kate Middleton but less romantic, more classy. I don't think she will follow Victoria and Madeleine's choice of sleeves. It will be a classic sleeve, don't know if she's opting for the longer version or a simple cap sleeve though.
I am hoping we get to see something other than one of the button-tiaras adorning her head! I would love it if she actually got a new one. And most likely a cathedral mantilla veil to top it all off."


Let's break it down shall we. First we can conclude that I was very right about the following:
A-line
Classic Sleeve
Cathedral Mantilla Veil.
Check, check and check.


Moving on to my comparison to Duchess Kathrine's wedding gown. Which the whole world absolutely loved and I thought was a knock off, nothing more. Let's go back.
When Grace Kelly married Prince Rainier of Monaco back in -56 she wore a very, I dare say THE MOST iconic of wedding dresses.
I remember calling that Kate indeed would take inspiration from Grace Kelly. Any smart girl would in her situation. Though I had not anticipated she'd totally rip it. That was a huge let down, and in my world quite unforgivable..haha. You don't f*cking rip GKs dress, if you are not an idiot. So sorry Kate, that was idiotic. I mean even the flowers...like really? Kate sure looked pretty, but so does the Marilyn Monroe-drag queen's in Vegas.


And when the bride emerged then sure enough. A dress very reminiscent of Kate's though just as I said, less romantic but more classic.
I would not have been disappointed to see Sofia choose something a little more chic. She's a spunky girl. Modern and independent and I felt she played it a little safe with her dress. But she sure was gorgeous.



What made me even more excited though was that she did indeed wear a new tiara.
An assumed wedding gift from the King and Queen.
We will most certainly see her wear this many times in the future.
A gorgeous piece of jewelry even if I question the choice of emeralds.


As the Swedish Royals arrived one by one I saw most of my preferred tiaras sitting pretty on other princess' heads. At the end it was down to a new one or the smaller button tiara, worn by Princess Madeleine in the picture below and in my opinion the worst one our royals have. So indeed, I was excited to see a brand new one on our brand new princess' head.





All and all I loved this wedding. It was personal, modern. It differed greatly from the usually quite stiff and much etiquette-ruled royal affairs. Something people seem to think is Sofia's influence.
I have been watching TV for 9hrs straight now so with this I say thank you and good night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment